Friday, August 26, 2011

{Introducing} Calalita Designs


Hot off the heels of the Brocante Market, I'd like to (finally!) introduce you to Calalita Designs!

A labor of love, Calalita Designs started as a tiny dream a long time ago.

Ever since I can remember I’ve always been drawn to art and color. Over the years it’s manifested itself in different ways, but it wasn’t until I moved to Dublin, Ireland in 2008 that I started to narrow my focus.

What began as a simple effort to make my apartment feel like a home, soon turned into a full fledged passion. My flat became my canvas where I was constantly upcycling my own furniture, painting walls, rearranging rooms and creating my own art.

Eventually I saw an opportunity to turn doing what I loved into a business. In late 2010 I acquired a small studio space and began teaching myself the tricks of the trade. Since then I have been remaking furniture and developing my own collection of mixed media illustrations that bit by bit I've been sharing with you here on Furi Kuri. 

Inspired by nature, travel and the playful, whimsical side in us all, Calalita Designs is rooted firmly in the belief that home decor, like life, shouldn’t be taken too seriously.

I'm so thrilled to be able to share my site and my work with you all. I'm officially online now - how groovy is that? There's still quite a bit of tweaking and adjustments that need to be made so please bear with me as I navigate the uncharted waters that is wordpress and html code. 

I originally had intended to slowly phase out and integrate Furi Kuri with Calalita so that the website and blog would all be in one. After I got the website up though, I realized that I wasn't quite ready to give up Furi Kuri. Compounding the issue was the realization that to make things more 'professional' I'd probably have to streamline and censor my posts more to help with marketing and image branding. I'm not sure that posts on travel, random musings or killing zombies would align with Calalita's aesthetic. Maybe it would work, but for now Furi Kuri will continue to be my personal blog and Calalita will house more a design and art centered focus, highlighting new pieces and any upcoming exhibitions. 

I apologize in advance for what I'm sure will be a bit of overlap while I figure out what works best. The perfectionist in me has been strongly opposing launching something that is not 100% finished but the realist in me knows that it will probably never be totally complete.  The time to wait it is over: these days it's all about the forward momentum baby!  

So what are you waiting for? Go check it out! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for showing some love :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...