Friday, August 19, 2011

{Book Crush} Hunger Games



It's been a long time since I was so completely and utterly transfixed by a book that it all but consumed me. Literally unable to put it down, I just finished Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins in less than 24 hours. Within the first 2 chapters I was hooked and now, even though it's finished I'm itching to start book 2. I've heard distant rumblings as the hype for this book builds, what with Hollywood turning it into a movie, and I'm so glad I read it before things blew up out of control (aka Hollywood turns it into the next Twilight). 


Beautifully written and captivating from the start, you feel an almost instant connection to the main character. And as the sinister Big Brother world and true meaning of the Hunger Games is made known, you're left on the edge of your seat, desperate for more. Despite being 384 pages and packed from start to end, the book somehow feels too short, as if it's merely teaser of what's yet to come (aka I have yet to come to terms with the fact it's over). To be honest though, it's probably a good thing it ended when it did. As it is now, it's taking all my restraint not to start the second book, but with a ton of work still ahead of me, I know I need to hold off or otherwise I can just kiss any (further) form of productivity goodbye. Even though this has already pushed me way behind schedule on things and more than likely will result in an upcoming all nighter to finish things up,Hunger Games was totally worth it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for showing some love :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...