Friday, December 3, 2010

Holiday Wish List

With Dublin currently under a constant bombardment of snow and sleet, today was the perfect day to stay snuggled up under the blankets and do a bit of online Christmas shopping. Of course after I finished a bit of gift getting, I couldn't resist sharing a roundup of some goodies I've been coveting - a little wish list if you will ;)

As the weather continues to plummet here, all I really want for Christmas are warm layers  to snuggle up in.  This 'Navajo' sweater from Free People is adorable - the bright colors and long length make this the perfect sweather to cheer up those dreary Dublin nights. Add this oh so soft cashmere sweater from JCrew underneath and I'm good to go!


 Of course a fabulous new pair of boots would help complete the look. I've been searching for a great  pair of tall riding boots and the rich cognac color of these Miz Mooz 'King' Boots could definitely fit the bill, though the lace detail and western influcence on these Franco Sarto 'Ponzi' Boots is so sweet as well. Even though they're not boots, these Miz Mooz's 'Historic' Oxfords are too damn cute to pass up. The two tone detail just puts a smile on my face. How could you have a bad day wearing these?




Truthfully though, these super cute Sorel Tivoli Plaid Snowboots are what I really need for this slushy cold weather!  That and perhaps a new super warm North Face Solar Flare fleece to zip up in my jacket :)


Because it wouldn't be a wish list without a few pretties, and because anyone who knows me can attest that I am obsessed with acessories, here  are a few pieces I'm currently drooling over.

I am in love with the new Ray-Ban's small Wayfarer in 'Satin Black'. When I tried this pair on in the store I found it hard to take them off. The color is not only flattering on all skin tones - which will help when I can hopefully  transition from currently goth pale {Thanks Dublin!} to bronzed beach bum again one day - but they're also simply gorgeous in an "I'm not trying" kind of way.


Recently I've totally been digging incorporating more steam punk elements into my fashion. This ring by Etsy seller BillyBlue22 is perfect. Oversized and masculine I am loving all the gear detail. I've been looking for a funky tough ring in sterling and this has both of those qualities in spades!

Speaking of steam punk, I saw these Linear Eclipse Earrings with Hematite earrings recently in Rebecca Davis and have not been able to stop thinking about them! By my new favorite kick ass designer Kara Ross they have a sweet juxisption of being one part edgy, one part elegant for a one of kind industrial chic look.
Also from Rebecca Davis (one of all time favorite jewerly stores which just so happens to be here in Dublin) is a fabulous oversized jade cocktail ring by Kenneth Jay Lane. I wasn't able to find the exact one I fell in love with in the store, but suffice to say it's like the shape of his Snake Print Ring and the color of his Jade Pyramid  Ring 
 + 








Because one of the best things about living in Europe is the traveling and since airlines constantly keep decreasing weight/ baggage restriction, this cute new LeSportSac Large Weekender Bag in Mochuco is the perfect addition to S and I's travel repertoire.


Finally if all else fails, there will always be books. With the recent purchase of a Kindle my book buying has greatly diminished (which as someone living in another country who keeps moving every few years, this is probably a good thing) however I will never give up my passion for books- especially those filled with gorgeous art and design spreads. These art and design books have been on my list for awhile and I would most definitely be willing to pay the exorbitant postage/overweight baggage fees just to have these beauties on my table.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for showing some love :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...