Saturday, February 13, 2010

{Baby} steps

Alice: Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?
The Cat: That depends a good deal on where you want to get to.
Alice: I don't much care where...
The Cat: Then it doesn't much matter which way you go.
Alice: …so long as I get somewhere.
The Cat: Oh, you're sure to do that, if only you walk long enough.



2009 was a strange and surreal year of many firsts for me. Of great happiness and joy  but also of great confusion, fear, failure and uncertainty.It was my first year of marriage, of making a foreign country home, of unemployment and of feeling hopelessly and utterly lost. 


A very few of you might remember what this once sorry excuse for a blog was (or rather wasn't). I tried to write but found I had no voice.....so this blog went abandoned. Until now that is. 


I deleted everything on here. A new title, a new year, a new start. Tiny baby steps, but steps nonetheless.


2010 is going to be a good year. I believe it will be a year filled with growth, courage, fearlessness, strength and prosperity. I believe that this year I'll find my voice, rediscover my passions and accomplish things I had once only timidly, wistfully dreamed of. 


So long as I keep taking steps, no matter how tiny, I'll eventually get to where I need to be.  I hope you come join me on this strange little quest (or at least drop by to say hello!). It'll be one filled with beauty, lovely designs, inspiration, misadventures, expat living and delightful randomness. 


xoxo
FK

1 comment:

Thanks for showing some love :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...